Workplace wellbeing, 21 June 2022
A proactive approach to ensuring good mental health in your workplace
This session will provide you with information and tools to enable you to tackle workplace wellbeing in a proactive way, to ensure that your organisation provides the right policies and procedures to create and maintain a mentally healthy workplace. It will be a safe space to talk openly about the approach to wellbeing where you work or volunteer.
- Understand why mental health is important to address
- Know the key causes of poor mental health at work
- Appreciate the “management standards” approach
- Feel better equipped to implement policies and procedures for good mental health
- Go away with tools to audit your organisation
- Have developed a plan of what to do next
- Know where to get guidance and support
Who should attend?
This is an introduction to what should happen in workplaces – aimed at senior managers, leaders and trustees. We will be looking – at a strategic level – at best practice and where to find useful guidance to help you ensure you are looking after your employees’ and volunteers’ wellbeing. This isn’t a workshop about how to manage mental health or stress at work for managers or staff, nor how to deal with individual cases.
Date: Tuesday 21 June 2022, 9:30-11:30am
|Organisations Annual Income||Members||Non-members*|
* Organisations who are not members of ours, but who are a charity or community group operating in in Adur, Worthing, Brighton or Hove.
Bursary places are available to groups with an income of less than £35,000 per year.
Venue: online via Zoom
Book: via eventbrite
Trainer: Brenda Pollack is a qualified life coach, trainer and union health & safety representative who works at Friends of the Earth. She has over 35 years experience in the not-for-profit sector and is passionate about wellbeing in the workplace. She has expertise in how to avoid stressful situations by having systems in place that help staff navigate poor mental health in a positive way. She has run hundreds of workshops and loves helping organisations create and maintain great workplaces for their staff and volunteers. Brenda also coaches people to perform better from being less stressed, more fulfilled and happier at work and at home. You can find out more about the services she offers at stresslesscoach.co.uk
See our training terms and conditions for more information.
NEXT | Covid 19 Equalities Briefings