Volunteer Travel Sidekick - Brighton
Are you sociable and can navigate public transport in Brighton? Do you want to support someone with a learning disability pursue their interest in gardening? If so, this could be the perfect volunteering role for you. We are looking for a friendly, reliable and patient volunteer to spend time with one of the people we support, helping him to learn his weekly travel journey to his gardening project in Brighton.
To be a Volunteer Sidekick you need to be:
• Over 18 years of age
• Friendly and approachable
• Good at communicating and listening
• Able to volunteer on a weekly basis, every Tuesday morning, 8.30am - 10.30am.
• A commitment of at least 6 months.
Mencap (Brighton and Hove)
- Older People
- Practical Skills
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Age/Gender Restrictions
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Support on Offer
When: 12/07/2018 - 12/07/2019
Benefits to the volunteer
- Reducing social isolation of people with a learning disability
- Increasing the independence and confidence of individuals with a learning disability
- Enabling people with a learning disability to fully access their local communities
This opportunity is available
More Opportunities from Mencap (Brighton and Hove)
There are no more opportunities from this organisation.