Our NCVO approved mentoring programme supports people working or volunteering in voluntary and community organisations by providing one-to-one support from experienced, volunteer mentors. It will help you to improve your practice, develop your leadership skills, and help you to tackle challenging issues you are facing within your organisation.
Please note: We are still accepting applications for mentees for our 2019 Mentoring Programme until Friday 26 April. The deadline for mentors has now passed.
Being a mentee can help you to develop
- your organisation: it can increase your skills and help you to build your organisation’s resilience for times of change
- leadership skills: it can help you to survive and negotiate change, strengthen your organisation’s governance or leadership, or make plans to grow a service or to work more collaboratively with others
- personally: it can help you to develop new skills and build your confidence
To participate in our mentoring programme as a mentee, you will need:
- to be working or volunteering for a voluntary or community organisation in Brighton, Hove, Adur or Worthing who is a member of ours
- to have a particular challenge, issue or skills development need
- the endorsement of your management committee or chair of your organisation, supervisor or line manager
- to commit to a minimum of one meeting a month with your mentor, and up to nine meetings during the programme
- to attend, where possible, sessions relevant to the running of the programme including the Mentee Induction, Matching Event, Mentee Development session and Celebration & Closure Event
How to apply to be a mentee
Application is via Survey Monkey by 5pm on Friday 26 April.
A word version of the application form is available so you can see what questions you will be asked. Please note this is for Reference only:
Find out more
Watch our video to hear people talking about the programme or read the case studies on the right hand side of this page.
If you have any more queries, get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 234 860.
A huge thank you
We’d like to thank our dedicated team of volunteer mentors who give their time and expertise willingly and freely.
We’d also like to thank our programme volunteer, who helps us co-ordinate and develop the programme.
Because of their commitment and contributions we’re able to provide our mentoring programme to an approved standard.