Third Sector Commission Update
Following the second Third Sector Commissioning (TSC) Prospectus Feedback Event in June 2019, and further feedback from the voluntary & community sector and NICE (Neighbourhoods, Inclusion, Communities & Equalities) Committee members, we have been asked to make available the following information:
- An updated letter from Cllr Kate Knight, Chair of the Neighbourhoods, Inclusion Communities and Equalities Commission TSC letter to CVS sector 8 July 2019
The timeline for Third Sector Commissioning 2020 to 2023 has therefore reverted to the original timetable below with final dates to be published as soon as possible.
The papers from the recent NICE Committee meeting can be found here
- Bidders Briefing will take place on 3 October 2019 – further details will be available shortly from the CETS team at Brighton & Hove City Council
- Clarification Questions should be submitted via the SESS correspondence.
- Clarification Answers will be posted in response
- Please only submit queries through the SESS or the Bidders Briefing event.
COMMUNITY WORKS SUPPORT
Community Works is offering a package of support to all voluntary and community sector groups and organisations who are interested in applying to Brighton and Hove City Council and Brighton & Hove CCG’s 2020-23 Communities and Third Sector Commissioning Prospectus.
We will be organising the following events during September and October 2019
Tuesday 17 September, 9.30 – 4.30, The Brighthelm Centre
Third Sector Commission – Helping you become Bid Ready. This session will give you more information about the four strategic outcomes in the Commission, as well as help you think about working in partnership. It will also include the opportunity to network with potential partners.
Thursday 26 September, 9.30 – 12.30, The Brighthelm Centre
Measuring and Evaluation – Tools to use to support your partnership bid. This session will be delivered by Community Works and the Third Sector Manager from BHCC, John Reading. It will introduce potential tools you could describe in your bid and use in measuring the outcomes of your project
Thursday 10 October, 9.30 – 12.30pm The Brighthelm Centre
‘Creating and Writing a Budget for Your Bid: Helping you to develop a realistic budget to support your partnership project’. This session will talk you through the process for completing the financial section of the bid documets
We will also be offering organisations the opportunity to come in and meet with us to discuss any elements of your bid. If you would like further information about this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. As always you will be able to access our regular programme of support including:
- Read a Funding Bid
- One to one surgeries
- Telephone and email advice
We are also using this web page to host links to useful resources like the ones below:
- Full Cost Recovery Guide
- Collaboration Flowchart
- NCVO Knowhow Partnerships
- Resource Centre Managing Money
- BHCC Collaboration Framework
You may also want to look at these local policy documents:
- Cultural Framework – Daring to be Different
- Brighton & Hove Economic Strategy 2018 – 2023
- Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2019 – 2030
- Whole Family Working Strategy
Or view the original slides from the 19 June Feedback event:
If you think there is something we should be offering or including on this page please don’t hesitate to contact us.
NEXT | Congratulations to our Taking Account 4 survey prize draw winners!