Managing Ill Health And Disability – Best Practice for Employers, 20 October 2021
Fiona Martin, Director and Head of Employment Law at Martin Searle Solicitors, presents an introduction to managing ill health and disability for employers, focusing on how to ensure that employees with disabilities are treated fairly.
To coincide with World Mental Health Awareness Day, this session will be particularly relevant to organisations who have staff returning to work who are worried about their mental health or are suffering from long Covid.
This session will include:
- Managing short and long term sickness absence;
- Managing mental health during a pandemic;
- Disability and the duty to make reasonable adjustments;
- Avoiding disability discrimination in the workplace;
- Absence due to stress or harassment caused by employers or colleagues;
- Sickness and absence because of long Covid;
- Getting the Coronavirus vaccine for work;
- Ill health dismissals.
Attendees will learn how to manage ill health in their workplace. They will also learn about their duties to employees who are disabled or merely ill. Written materials will be provided including an up to date Sickness Policy.
Date: Wednesday 20 October, 10.30-12.00pm
|Organisations Annual Income||Members||Non-members*|
* Organisations who are not members of ours, but who are a charity or community group operating in in Adur, Worthing, Brighton or Hove.
Bursary places are available to groups with an income of less than £35,000 per year.
Venue: online via Zoom
Book: via eventbrite
See our training terms and conditions for more information.
NEXT | Working with Covid-19 complexities and conflict - 19 Oct, 16 Nov, 14 Dec 2021