Managing Ill Health And Disability – best practice for employers, 20 October 2022
Fiona Martin, Director and Head of Employment Law at Martin Seale Solicitors, presents an introduction to Managing Ill Health and Disability for employers. This seminar focusses on identifying when long-term ill health issues are likely to be disabilities as defined by the Equality Act and how to ensure that employees with disabilities are treated fairly. This session coincides with Disability Matters, Martin Searle’s campaign to stamp out disability discrimination in the workplace.
This session will include:
- Managing short and long term sickness absence;
- Managing mental health post pandemic;
- Disability and the duty to make reasonable adjustments;
- Avoiding disability discrimination in the workplace;
- Absence due to stress or harassment caused by employers or colleagues;
- Sickness and absence because of long Covid;
- Ill health dismissals.
Attendees will learn how to manage ill health in their workplace to ensure both fairness and efficiency. They will also learn about their duties to employees who are disabled and ill. Written materials will be provided including an up to date Sickness Policy.
Date: Thursday 20 October, 9.30-11am
|Organisations Annual Income||Members||Non-members*|
* Organisations who are not members of ours, but who are a charity or community group operating in in Adur, Worthing, Brighton or Hove.
Bursary places are available to groups with an income of less than £35,000 per year, who are a member of Community Works.
Venue: online via Zoom
Book: via eventbrite
See our training terms and conditions for more information.
NEXT | Expert Sessions - for Adur and Worthing Members