Hiring Employees versus Self-employed Workers, 5 March 2019
We are pleased to bring you our series of employment law training this year.
Held in partnership with Martin Searle Solicitors and delivered by Sarah-Jane Henderson, Employment Law Solicitor, Sarah will provide practical and legal information. The session will include a presentation and case studies, with time for Questions and Answers.
Staff recruitment can be an intensive and expensive process taking up time and resources, with lots of potential to get things wrong. This session will enable you to make an informed decision as to whether to employ someone or to hire a freelancer. By the end of the briefing you will understand:
- the difference between an employee, a worker and a self-employed contractor, and what kind of contract and working patterns you need to set up to establish their status
- the pros and cons of employing someone directly versus hiring a self-employed contractor or using an agency
- employment law legislation that applies to workers as well as employees
- the tax rules so that your company is not liable for any underpayment.
Date: Tuesday 5 March, 9.30-12.00
Venue: Martin Searle Solicitors, 9 Marlborough Place, Brighton, BN1 1UB
Cost per session:
|Organisations Annual Income||Members||Non-members*|
* Organisations who are not members of ours, but who are a charity or community group operating in in Adur, Worthing or Brighton and Hove.
Some bursary places are available to groups with an income of less than £35,000 per year. Please ask us about bursary places when making your booking.
Book your place: via Eventbrite
NEXT | How to become a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), 12 February 2019