We are a 'hands on' group and need those who are willing and able to get involved. Training and support is always available from our dedicated Older People's Community Worker Clare Hopkins, who is always on hand to support the 50+ group and help individuals build skills and confidence.
Everything we do is a team-effort and lots of fun!
There are a variety of roles that a 50+ Volunteer can fulfil, depending on areas of interest and expertise:
- 50+ Steering Group committee member- attending regular meetings, helping with fundraising, outreach, decision-making, publicity, planning and actively participating in all aspects of 50+ work.
- Minutes Secretary for the Committee ( needs administrative skills and experience and be able to attend regular meetings)
- Helping with two 50+ events per year- Tea Dance, and the Health and Information event.
- Helping with general 50+ event/activity promotion and outreach to local groups as and when needed.
- Supporting the 50+ Garden Group weekly session ( Wednesdays, 10am-12 midday)
- Supporting the 50+ Social Ping Group weekly session ( starting 5th October,10.30am-1pm)
- Helping with the Dementia Friendly Neighbourhood Project- outreach, activities, events, buddying.
A friendly attitude, flexible approach and willingness to work as part of a team essential.
A willingness to empathise with older people, and people with physical disabilities essential.
The Hangleton and Knoll 50+ Steering Group
- Older People
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Local Events
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Support on Offer
When: 28/11/2017 - 29/05/2018
This opportunity is available
More Opportunities from The Hangleton and Knoll 50+ Steering Group
There are no more opportunities from this organisation.