Trustee - Community and Events Fundraising
We are seeking an enthusiastic, committed Trustee with knowledge and experience of community and events fundraising to join the Board. This Trustee will take an active role to help direct the Foundation's Fundraising Strategy, enabling us to expand further and consolidate our work and drive the charity forward in its ambitious future plans. (Ideally someone based locally to Brighton but this is not essential).
The ideal candidate will have innovative ideas and be able to think creatively. All Trustees are expected to assist the Foundation to secure a sustainable and diverse funding base for the organisation. An understanding of the voluntary sector and previous experience as a charity volunteer or Trustee are both desirable but not essential.
Benefits of the opportunity:
1. opportunity to contribute towards ending HIV in Brighton & Hove;
2. work with a young and ambitious Board;
3. increase your experience of being strategic.
- Someone with community and events fundraising knowledge and/or income generation or has run a medium size business.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission, Companies House requirements, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
- An understanding of the challenges facing small to medium UK charities in maximising income streams & donor cultivation.
- Experience of diverse fundraising practices, including statutory funds, corporate and philanthropic giving would be valuable.
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of digital or social media.
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector.
- A thorough understanding of the Code of Fundraising Practice.
Martin Fisher Foundation
- Employment, Education and Training
- Administration and Office
- Business Skills
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety
When: 22/11/2017 - 22/05/2018
Board meetings are held at the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton.
This opportunity is available
More Opportunities from Martin Fisher Foundation
There are no more opportunities from this organisation.