Young Carers Transport Volunteer
Young carers in West Sussex need the support of volunteers who can drive them in their own vehicle to and from their weekly Young Carers group - one evening a week during term time. There are 8 groups across the county and volunteers will be matched to their closest group.
Benefits of the opportunity:
1. to be part of a team and to carry out your role independently;
2. to learn (some of the skills you need you will already have and some require training which we will provide);
3. Quarterly team meetings - sharing ideas, thoughts, experiences, learning new knowledge and skills.
1. To be a positive, non-judgemental role model, to be empathetic, and committed to supporting young carers to access peer support and have a break from their caring role.
2. Able to be non-judgemental, accept people as individuals and respect their differences
3. Ability to empathise with the young carer and family whilst maintaining boundaries
4. Demonstrate well developed relationship building skills
5. Able to work on your own and as part of a team
6. A safe, competent driver with access to your own vehicle.
Walk the Walk (Brighton and Hove)
- Young People
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Support on Offer
When: 21/11/2017 - 22/05/2018
This opportunity is available
More Opportunities from Walk the Walk (Brighton and Hove)
There are no more opportunities from this organisation.