IT Support Volunteer
AbilityNet ITCanHelp have a nationwide network of IT support volunteers.
We are looking for people who are interested and skilled in computers and technology to visit disabled and older people in their own homes to help with their IT needs. Volunteers may be asked to help set up a computer system for someone, install software or hardware, troubleshoot problems or even help to change a printer cartridge or give some basic training on how to use systems.
We are looking for people with experience of Windows and Apple systems, people who know about using iPads, and android tablets as well as those who may have experience of adaptive technology, although this isn't essential.
- Good IT and computer skills.
- Good knowledge of standard hardware operating systems and software.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Access to computer and email facilities.
- Own transport or good public transport links.
- Experience of working with disabled and/or elderly people.
- Knowledge/experience of assistive technology.
- Employment, Education and Training
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Advice and Information
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Teaching and Training
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Support on Offer
When: 15/11/2017 - 16/05/2018
Benefits of the opportunity:
- The chance to work with disabled and older people
- The chance to network with other IT professionals
- A basic job reference when looking for work
This opportunity is available
More Opportunities from AbilityNet
There are no more opportunities from this organisation.