Our volunteers make a big difference to the services we provide here at Team Domenica. We're always looking for people to join in and help us transform the lives of the learning disabled.
As a Community Fundraiser you'll help Team Domenica to play an active role in the local Brighton & Hove community and raise awareness of our important work.
- Research and build positive relationships within the local community: i.e. local businesses, schools and members of the public
- Research local events and activities where we can raise funds and awareness
- Attend occasional networking events, training and planning meetings
- Organise local collections and pro-actively seek new opportunities for fundraising
- To encourage businesses and organisations to adopt us as their chosen charity
- Finding and securing prizes for auctions and raffles
- Assisting with recruitment of runners for charity runs and administration involved in the build-up to the day
- Assist with administration and implementation of fundraising events and activities
Benefits of the opportunity:
1. The opportunity to gain experience in fundraising and events
2. The chance to be at the heart of the local community, meeting new people and being part of an enthusiastic team
3. Induction, support and direction from Fundraising Manager.
A flexible position that will suit someone who has a genuine passion for charity work:
- Enthusiastic with an interest in fundraising and events
- Good communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships
- Good written skills with basic IT knowledge including using the internet
- The ability to be proactive and use own initiative
- Confident and self-motivated
- Enjoys working independently, as well as part of a team.
Team Domenica will make sure volunteers have the support required to work on their projects. We are committed to providing the best experience for our volunteers, ensuring the placement is interesting and useful.
Induction, support and direction from Fundraising Manager.
- Employment, Education and Training
- Administration and Office
- Fundraising and Finance
- Local Events
- Marketing and Media
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Support on Offer
When: 15/11/2017 - 15/05/2018
Visiting Team Domenica in Brighton is easy. We're just under an hour by rail from London and only half an hour from London Gatwick Airport.
The city is also served by a direct rail link from the Eurostar Service at St Pancras, as well as being easily accessible from the major ports of Dover, Portsmouth, Southampton and the local port of Newhaven. National Express coaches also regularly service the city. There are local bus stops located directly in front of Team Domenica on the Old Steine.
This opportunity is available
More Opportunities from Team Domenica
There are no more opportunities from this organisation.