We are looking to recruit Trustees to the Carers Centre Board of Trustees. Trustees are required to attend five meetings a year, in Brighton, that last about 2 hours. Additionally, trustees meet for one ½ day to attend the yearly trustee/staff away day.
Trustees should ensure:
- The Carers Centre for Brighton & Hove complies with its governing document, charity law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- The Carers Centre for Brighton & Hove pursues its objects as defined in its governing document and that resources are only expended in pursuit of these objects
- The financial stability of The Carers Centre for Brighton & Hove.
Trustees are also required to provide strategic direction to the organisation, such as setting overall policy, defining goals, and evaluating performance against agreed targets. In addition they should appoint the Director and monitor his/her performance
As well as these responsibilities, trustees may be asked to support/advise on any area of The Carers Centre for Brighton & Hove's work where they have particular experience, knowledge or skills.
The Carers Centre pays trustees reasonable travel expenses and provides an induction into the Carers Centre's work.
Our goal is to have a balanced Board which reflects our activities and our supporters, and who between them have the range of skills and experience necessary for the effective running of the organisation.
We are interested in receiving applications from those with skills and experience in the following areas:
- Experience of renting property or the property market.
Trustees should also be able to demonstrate:
• A commitment to the charity and a willingness to devote the necessary time and efforts
• An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
• The ability to critically analyse information
• An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
• A willingness to speak their mind
Carers Centre for Brighton & Hove
- Families and Parenting
- Marketing and Media
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Support on Offer
When: 17/10/2017 - 17/10/2018
Benefits of the role:
- Put your skills and expertise to use and make a lasting difference to a cause you care about
- Learn about the management and strategy side of charities by taking on a leadership role
Work with new and interesting people from diverse background
This opportunity is available
More Opportunities from Carers Centre for Brighton & Hove
There are no more opportunities from this organisation.