Grassroots Campaigner in Brighton
RESULTS grassroots campaigners take action locally to fight global poverty - using their voices to change the world. They receive training and support to become skilled advocates, from influencing MPs to policy makers, and engaging others within their community.
RESULTS campaigners in Brighton meet as a group on the first Tuesday of each month to plan and take campaign actions and organise events. They regularly join our national conference calls, learning more about international development and sharing their successes from around the UK.
RESULTS campaigners have the opportunity to:
· Join the RESULTS Brighton action group and meet likeminded individuals campaigning to bring an end to poverty.
· Support our campaigns on global health, education and economic opportunities.
· Take action with us, from publishing articles in the media to meeting with your constituency MP.
· Hear from experts on international development each month on our RESULTS conference calls.
· Put your points directly to influential decision-makers at RESULTS Advocacy Days.
· Organise events within the local community, be an ambassador for RESULTS in your area and help us to grow our network.
Develop your campaigning and advocacy skills at conferences and training sessions.
Benefits of the opportunity:
Develop your campaigning and advocacy skills
Meet likeminded people with a passion for ending global poverty
Learn more about international development from different experts each month.
RESULTS grassroots campaigners are people from all walks of life who want to make a difference. All backgrounds and levels of campaigns experience are welcome. Campaigning with RESULTS plays to your strengths, whether you are interested in helping out at events or you're a social media whizz, there are lots of different ways to get involved and build your skills.
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Crime, Victims and Offenders
- Marketing and Media
- Supporting Charities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
When: 14/11/2017 - 14/05/2018
RESULTS Brighton action group meet at the Friends Meeting House, Ship Street. You will be introduced to the Brighton group leader, who will provide details of each monthly meeting.
This opportunity is available
More Opportunities from Results UK
There are no more opportunities from this organisation.