Volunteer Hosts needed for 16-25yrs old
Volunteer Hosts required to accommodate young people who are vulnerable to homelessness; A Community Response to Youth Homelessness, helping to prevent rough sleeping and long term homelessness.
This is a flexible volunteering opportunity, based around your availability.
Our volunteer hosts provide accommodation for local 16-25 year olds who are vulnerable to homelessness. Young people are checked before being placed in your home and receive support in moving into secure accommodation. Sussex Nightstop works closely with local authorities and YMCA Downslink, who provide support to the young people staying with us.
Young people stay with hosts from one night up to six weeks.
Volunteer Role - Nightstop Scheme Volunteer Host
Responsible to - Nightstop Coordinator and Nightstop Board
Hours and Commitment - Flexible nights based on your availability and to be agreed with the Nightstop Coordinator
Location - To work from your home
Purpose of the Role- To provide safe and secure, night by night, accommodation for a young person.
- To provide a safe secure environment for young people or vulnerable adults.
- Ability to agree a reasonable arrival time for a young person, prepare a hot evening meal and provide breakfast for them.
- Ability to commit to and make proper and effective use of training, supervision and support sessions
- Ability to treat all clients with sensitivity and respect, whatever their backgrounds, opinions, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality at all times unless child protection concerns arise.
- Commitment to safeguarding young people and promoting their welfare
- Excellent communication skills including listening skills and an ability to make discussion topics understandable to young person.
- Ability to encourage young people to participate in discussions at young person's discretion with an open-minded approach.
- Ability to listen to and engage young people in a supportive and caring manner.
- Ability to have respect and a non bias opinion, to be non-judgemental and have an open minded approach.
- To provide feedback to the Coordinator, reply to correspondence from and support the Coordinator in the Nightstop process where needed.
- To follow the conduct, policies and procedures set out by Sussex Nightstop Plus.
Sussex NightStop Plus
- Homeless and Housing
- Young People
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Age/Gender Restrictions
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Support on Offer
When: 01/11/2017 - 01/05/2018
- This opportunity is not available to anyone under 18 due to the nature of the volunteering and the age of the clients that the volunteers are supporting.
- This will take place in your home.
- Due to the nature of the volunteering, as hosts are supporting vulnerable young people in their homes, we do assess the vulnerability of each volunteer on an individual basis.
- Volunteering role will require a DBS check and references.
Working from home
This opportunity is available
More Opportunities from Sussex NightStop Plus
There are no more opportunities from this organisation.