Tea Bar Volunteer (Brighton Magistrates' Court)
Tea Bar/café volunteer needed one morning or afternoon per week, for Brighton Magistrates Court. Simple light refreshments, meet lots of interesting people, you are also able to nominate your own charity to receive proceeds of sales.
At the tea bar we offer a safe space in an environment which, to the outsider, can appear a little daunting. You will be serving light refreshments to a range of people including staff, solicitors, barristers, witnesses, victims and defendants, police and security, members of the public.
- making and serving toast and tea cakes,
- serving hot drinks,
- selling cold drinks,
- selling sandwiches and snacks, sweets etc.
Hours at Brighton are Mondays 8.45am - 12 noon and/or Thursdays 12 noon - 2pm. Volunteers only need to commit to one shift per week.
We are looking for a volunteer who is able to commit to volunteering weekly for at least 1 year but we would prefer to take on someone looking for a longer term position. We put in a lot of work recruiting and training new people therefore please only apply if you know you are able to commit long term to this opportunity.
- Steady hand to pour and serve hot drinks.
- Basic maths skills (adding up).
- Feel comfortable meeting the general public in a service situation.
- Most of the time you will be standing up to work.
Court Tea Bars
- Crime, Victims and Offenders
- Families and Parenting
- Young People
- Cooking and Catering
- General Helping
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Age/Gender Restrictions
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Support on Offer
When: 11/01/2018 - 11/01/2019
Further information about availability
Immediate start, Mondays 8.45am - 12 noon and/or Thursday 11.45 - 2pm, other times may be available, please ask.
Benefits to the volunteer
Benefits to the Volunteer
- You can nominate your own choice of charity, local or national, to receive the proceeds of sales
- Meet lots of interesting people
- Build in confidence and skills
Tea Bar at Brighton Magistrates' Court:
Bus to Old Steine (Royal Pavilion) Walk up Edward St to Magistrates' Court (before American Express building)
Please note, apologies this building is not wheelchair accessible.
This opportunity is available
More Opportunities from Court Tea Bars
There are no more opportunities from this organisation.