We provide learning opportunities for voluntary and community organisations.
Our courses are primarily for volunteers, paid workers, management committee members and trustees from voluntary and community organisations in Brighton, Hove, Adur and Worthing. They’re organised in response to needs identified by you. We prioritise places at the courses for our members.
Adur and Worthing
Bookings are open for the following courses in Adur and Worthing:
We prioritise places at the courses for our members and to voluntary and community organisations operating in Adur and Worthing.
Find out how to join us as a member
For more information, get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01903 207735.
Brighton and Hove
Bookings are open for the following courses in Brighton and Hove:
We prioritise places at the courses for our members and voluntary and community organisations operating in Brighton and Hove.
Find out how to join us as a member.
For more information, get in touch with us on email@example.com or 01273 234023
In the past, we’ve run training courses on a range of topics.
Finance and fundraising
- How to develop a fundraising strategy
- Beyond bid writing: other ways of raising funds
- Meet the funder: Heritage Lottery Funds and Arts Council
- How to complete funding application forms
- How to find the right funder
- Demystifying core funding
- Meet the funder: Reaching Communities
- Attract funding for health activities
- Take a strategic approach to fundraising
- Finance for small groups
- Introduction to major donor fundraising
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations
Human resources and employment
- Restructuring and changing contractual terms
- Managing ill-health and disability
- Keeping adults safe
- Pension schemes and automatic enrolment
- Succession planning
- Hiring employees or taking on self-employed workers
- Develop your volunteering strategy
- Volunteer recruitment
- Developing a role description
- Effective brokerage for volunteering
Monitoring, evaluation and impact
- Getting to groups with monitoring and evaluation
- Monitoring, evaluation and impact Symposium
- Evidencing short and one off encounters
- Making the most of your data
Equality and inclusion
- Equality Symposium – with a focus on the themes of privilege, ‘refugees’, Gypsies and Travellers
- Equality Symposium – with a focus on the themes of equality leadership, gender and faith
- Trans Awareness
- Race and Religion Awareness
- Disability Awareness
- Making social media work for your group
Media and communications
- Working with the media
- Introduction to PQASSO
Terms and conditions
Read the terms and conditions (PDF) for our training courses.
We can develop and deliver bespoke training courses for your group or organisation. To find out more get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 234827