Useful resources which will help you to strengthen your governance:
- the Resource Centre’s information for small groups on management committees
- the Charity Commission’s website for registered charities
- the Charity Commission’s essential trustee guidance (PDF)
- the Charity Commission’s trustee induction pack (PDF)
- the good governance code for the voluntary and community sector
- the living values pocket guide for trustees
If you’d like support to strengthen your governance we can help. Get in touch with us on email@example.com or 01273 234023
To ensure a range of skills, diversity of thinking and representation from all sections of the community on our boards and committees, it’s important we advertise beyond our usual networks. For more ideas on how to recruit and where to advertise, try:
- advertising with us
- our information sheet (PDF) on how and where to recruit
- the Small Charities Coalition guidance on trustee recruitment services
- NCVO guidance on trustee recruitment
We can help you to develop role descriptions, advertise for trustees, and help with other recruitment issues. Just get in touch with our Volunteering Development Coordinator, Sue Shaw, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 234860.
Come to our Governance Network to meet other trustees and learn with your peers on topics relating to governance.
Trustees’ Week is an annual event to showcase the great work that trustees do and highlight opportunities for people from all walks of life to get involved and make a difference. We hold governance advice sessions during this week so be sure to book yourself or your trustees a place.
Trustees’ Week 2018 takes place in the week 12-16 November.
The Charity Governance Awards is a national initiative celebrating effective governance. You can enter in to one of 7 categories if you feel your board demonstrates great effective governance. Like local organisation MindOut who were a short list in the ‘Board Diversity and Inclusivity’ category in 2018.