Useful resources which will help you to strengthen your governance:
- the Resource Centre’s information for small groups on management committees
- the Charity Commission’s website for registered charities
- the Charity Commission’s essential trustee guidance (PDF)
- the good governance code for the voluntary and community sector
- the living values pocket guide for trustees
If you’d like support to strengthen your governance we can help. Get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 234023
To ensure a range of skills, diversity of thinking and representation from all sections of the community, it’s important you advertise beyond your usual networks.
- for local coverage, advertise with us
- to reach staff at Brighton University, advertise on the CUPP Network
For more ideas on how to recruit and where to advertise, try:
- our information sheet on recruiting and advertising for trustees (PDF)
- the Small Charities Coalition guidance on trustee recruitment services
- NCVO guidance on trustee recruitment (please note if you’re not an NCVO member you will need to pay for this resource)
We can help you to develop role descriptions, advertise for trustees, and help with other recruitment issues. Just get in touch with our Volunteering Development Coordinator, Sue Shaw, on email@example.com or 01273 234860.
Trustees Week is an annual event to showcase the great work that trustees do and highlight opportunities for people from all walks of life to get involved and make a difference.
Trustees Week 2018 takes place in the week 12-16 November.