Our new volunteering platform
We’ve changed the way we help to connect organisations and people looking to volunteer.
We have launched our very own online volunteering platform! It includes a new search engine and database of volunteering opportunities, and it has been integrated into this website. It is now much easier for us to promote all the volunteering opportunities and projects we work with.
You can register online to either promote your volunteering opportunities or to look for them. People looking to volunteer can search and view local volunteering opportunities in Sussex, and apply for them directly by email. Organisations looking to promote their volunteering opportunities now have more control over their information and are able to make use of our specialised promotions.
You can now start adding your new opportunities but first you will need to log into the site. If we have promoted your opportunities before it is likely that your email address is saved and you will simply need to select ‘forgotten password’ to get started. You can do this here.
Once you know your password you can log in to your account here. This is also the page where you can register for the first time if you are a new organisation.
If you need to be added as an additional contact for an organisation that is already registered please contact the Volunteer Centre by calling 01273 234826 and we can do this for you.
From your account page on the website, using the options on the left hand side, you will be able to see your account overview (all your opportunities whether active, inactive, expired or a draft). You can also edit your organisations details and add an opportunity.
When you add an opportunity, please include a description, the skills you are looking for and some benefits to the volunteer. There is space to add information about your support structures and how you will enable people with disabilities and additional needs to volunteer with you. You will need to select one or more interests and one or more activities from drop down options, this will help volunteers to search for and find your opportunity easily. Keywords are essential, please add these to your form, separated by a comma, for example, ‘admin, office, Wednesday, Brighton’.
Please note: The site is new and we are currently working on some areas to ensure you have a positive experience. If you need any support using the site please get in touch and we will be happy to provide guidance.
What you need to know
- We no longer use do-it.org to advertise volunteering opportunities
- People looking to volunteer will still be able to apply for opportunities still advertised on do-it.org – these will remain available for a long period after our new platform is working, so you won’t miss out on any applications
- If we currently manage or co-manage a do-it.org account for you, we’ll write to you shortly with more details about what you need to do next
- Our support team are available at the end of a phone or email to help you to use our new volunteering platform
- If you’ve any questions about this change, please get in touch with us on email@example.com or 01273 234826
NEXT | Say no to hate