Our new volunteering platform
We’re changing the way we help organisations and people looking to volunteer to connect.
We’re excited to be launching our very own online volunteering platform! It’s been designed with you in mind. It’ll have a great new search engine and database of volunteering opportunities, and it will be integrated into this website – making it much easier for us to promote all the volunteering opportunities and projects we work with. It’ll also have more functions and give you more information at your fingertips.
You’ll be able to register online to either promote your volunteering opportunities or to look for them. People looking to volunteer will be able to search and view local volunteering opportunities in Sussex, and apply for them directly by email. Organisations looking to promote their volunteering opportunities will have more control over their information and will be able to make use of our specialised promotions.
We’re not currently receiving or processing any new volunteering opportunities that you may wish to advertise, and over the next few weeks you may experience a delay in us responding to your enquiries and volunteer applications.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We’re working hard to get back to business as usual and to launching our exciting new volunteering platform, hopefully, in October 2017.
What you need to know
- for a short period from the beginning of September to early-October 2017, our volunteer centre will be closed and you won’t be able to advertise a volunteering opportunity with us. People looking to volunteer will still be able to apply for opportunities using our current system do-it.org
- our new volunteering platform will start working on 2 October 2017 (fingers-crossed!)
- we’ll transfer all of your details onto the new platform for you, so they’ll be there ready for you when you start using it
- we’ll continue to upload volunteering opportunities to do-it.org until September. After this, we’ll advertise all volunteering opportunities we receive on our new platform, and we’ll no longer use do-it.org to advertise volunteering opportunities
- if we currently manage or co-manage a do-it.org account for you, we’ll write to you with more details about how this will work
- anyone looking to volunteer will still be able to apply for volunteering opportunities on do.it.org, until long after our new platform is working, so you won’t miss out on any applications
- our support team will still be here after the changes, and will be available at the end of a phone or email to help you to use our new volunteering platform
If you’ve any questions about this change, please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 234826
NEXT | Develop your volunteering strategy