Adur and Worthing
We provide advice, support and networking opportunities to voluntary and community organisations across Adur and Worthing. We first started to work in the area in July 2016 and, following a set up phase, we now offer a full programme of activities which you can participate in.
If you’d like to find out more about our work in the area, get in touch with our Development Manager, Gabriella Oakley, on email@example.com or 07921 466034
Learning and training
We’re running free, monthly, workshops on different aspects of fundraising:
Find out more about our other training courses taking place across Adur, Worthing, Brighton, and Hove.
Recruiting and working with volunteers
We can help you to recruit volunteers through our volunteer centre.
We also run a Volunteer Co-ordinators Forum where people involved in co-ordinating volunteers can connect, develop skills and share experiences.
The next meeting will take place in Autumn 2017.
We run four networks for organisations in Adur and Worthing working on similar issues so that you can share and learn, and work together to influence local policy. The networks include:
- Health and wellbeing network
- Children and young peoples network
- Volunteer co-ordinators forum
- Governance network (which also includes organisations from Brighton and Hove)
Read the reports from our previous network meetings:
Advice and support
Read more about our services and how we can support your voluntary or community organisation.
If you’d like to speak to someone about a specific bit of help you need, get in touch with our Advice and Support Co-ordinator, Hazel Roper, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07921 466034
Voice and representation
Representing the voluntary and community sector at a local level is a key part of our work. We ensure that our members’ voices and expertise are heard at a range of partnerships, boards and informal meetings with key people across the local area.
We currently have representatives attending the Health and Wellbeing Partnership. We’re looking for people to act as representatives at meetings of the Safer and Stronger Communities Partnership, and the Business Partnership.
If you’re interested in being involved, get in touch with our Development Manager, Gabriella Oakley, on email@example.com or 07921 466034
We’re a membership organisation for voluntary and community organisations. Our members benefit from exclusive access to some of our services.
Whilst we’re setting ourselves up in Adur and Worthing, you don’t need to be a member of ours to benefit from our services. Instead, we invite you to try our services for a period of time before joining us as a member.
Sign up to future mailings
To hear more about our programme of events and activities in Adur and Worthing, and the support we can give you and your organisation, sign up to receive newsletters from us.
To sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our newsletters will be sent every three weeks directly to your inbox. During our set up phase, they’ll also be available below:
- newsletter 1, August 2016 – about us and how we can help you
- newsletter 2, August 2016 – our work in Adur and Worthing
- newsletter 3, September 2016 – star awards, funding in Sussex
- newsletter 4, September 2016 – star awards, how we can help you
- newsletter 5, October 2016 – be the voice of the sector, fundraising help
- newsletter 6, November 2016 – recruiting volunteers, connecting you with local businesses
- newsletter 7, December 2016 – how we can help you, good practice resources
- newsletter 8, December 2016 – training, events
- newsletter 9, January 2017 – fundraising training, funding bud help, funding opportunities
- newsletter 10, February 2017 – help to recruit volunteers, support from a local business
- newsletter 11, February 2017 – funding, events, good practice resources
- newsletter 12, March 2017 – networks, fundraising training
- newsletter 13, April 2017 – volunteer co-ordinators forum, fundraising workshops
- newsletter 14, May 2017 – campaigning, volunteers week, our new video
- newsletter 15, May 2017 – funding, trustees update, cyber security
- newsletter 16, June 2017 – supported volunteering resource, funding opportunities
- newsletter 17, July 2017 – networks, supporting volunteers, funding help
- newsletter 18, July 2017 – volunteer recruitment, autumn events
Sign up to our email group
We have an email group for voluntary and community organisations who operate in Adur and Worthing.
The purpose of the email group is to help you to stay in touch with others in the area, to share information about your services and events, and to get help to solve an issue you might be facing with running your group or organisation. You don’t currently need to be a member of ours to sign up to be part of the group.
To find out if your eligible to be part of the email group, email email@example.com with your name, organisation, role in your organisation and the email address you’d like adding to the email group.
Other support available
There are a number of other organisations in West Sussex who also provide support to community groups and voluntary organisations in the area. Read more about how they may be able to help you.