EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION 15 MAY 2018
How can you make sure that your organisation and activities are open and inclusive for all members of the community? This course provides an overview of equality, diversity and inclusion, flags up key legislation, and look at what this means for planning and delivering your activities.
Date: Tuesday 15 May 2018
Time: (9.30am arrivals) 10:00am – 4.00pm
Venue: Gordon Room, Worthing Town Hall, Stoke Abbott Road, Worthing BN11 1HA
This course is an interactive and engaging exploration of equality, diversity and inclusion. It will cover a personal awareness of the issues, as well as looking at how and why they are relevant for your organisation. It will include case studies of what other organisations do and discuss best practice.
The day will give participants an opportunity to consider equality, diversity and inclusion from different perspectives, including
- personal awareness of the relevance of diversity
- understanding equality legislation
- exclusion: how it arises, how it impacts upon people, and what can be done about it
- unconscious bias: how it arises, what the impact can be and how it can be reduced, how this can impact the work of community and voluntary organisations
This course will be led by trainer Jess Taylor from The Equality Academy.
This course is for voluntary and community groups and organisations of all sizes. Places will be prioritised for our members.
*This course is being offered at a reduced rate*
|Organisation’s Annual Income||Our members||Non-members *|
* Organisations that are not members, but are a charity or community group operating in Brighton, Hove, Adur or Worthing.
Some bursary places are available to groups with an income of less than £35,000 per annum.
To book a place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NEXT | Governance network - Models for managing your board, Thursday 8 March 2018