Develop your volunteering strategy
A volunteering strategy helps you to successfully develop your volunteering programme. It helps to identify the aims of your programme and be clear about what steps you need to take to make sure you achieve the desired outcomes for your activities and volunteers.
This workshop we will look at the importance of taking a strategic approach to developing your volunteering programme and how this can add value and impact to your volunteering programme.
The day will give you the opportunity to start planning your volunteering strategy.
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- understand the purpose and benefit of having a volunteering strategy and how it differs from a volunteering policy
- be equipped with the knowledge you need to develop a volunteering strategy
- understand the importance and benefits of increased inclusion and accessibility in your volunteering programme
- be better placed to integrate volunteering into your organisation
- be able to demonstrate the outcomes of your volunteering programme
Who is the course for?
This one-day workshop is primarily for volunteer coordinators who have responsibility for the management and development of a volunteer programme but it is also open to anyone who wants to understand more about the importance of strategic planning around volunteering and how this adds to your organisation activities. If you’d like to discuss the suitability of the course for you please get in touch with our Volunteering Development Co-ordinator, Sue Shaw on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 234860
Bookings will be prioritised to our members on a first come first served basis. Your organisation or group will need to be based in Brighton, Hove, Adur or Worthing to be eligible to attend.
Date: Thursday 21 September 2017
Venue: Lucraft Room, The Bridge Community Education Centre, Moulsecoomb
Trainer: Sue Shaw
|Organisations Annual Income||Members||Non-members *|
* Organisations who are not a member of ours, but are a charity or community group operating in Brighton, Hove, Adur or Worthing
Some bursary places are available to groups operating in the local areas we work in with an income of less than £35,000 per annum.
To book: to book your place, please get in touch with us on email@example.com or 01273 234023
Refreshments: Hot drinks and biscuits will be provided. Lunch will not be provided. You will need to bring your own or order your own lunch at the Bridge cafe.
NEXT | Say no to hate