Voluntary and community action makes our society and local areas better. We want to make sure it does, and that it has the greatest positive impact on everyone. To achieve this we create the support and networks that help people and organisations to use their time, expertise and energy effectively.
We give voluntary and community organisations the support and platform they need to make a difference to local lives and issues.
We help people who want to volunteer their time to find local opportunities that make the most of their abilities and ambitions.
We connect local businesses with voluntary and community organisations so they can both benefit.
We also work with the public sector to ensure they can connect with local voluntary and community action.
The support and networks we create between organisations and people help to build stronger and fairer local areas for everyone.
We were created in 2013 through the following organisations and projects merging together:
- Brighton and Hove Community and Voluntary Sector Forum
- Performance Development Service (formerly a service of Impetus)
- Skills Exchange (formerly a service of Business Community Partnership)
- Volunteer Centre, Brighton and Hove (formerly a service of Impetus).
Our business plan
Our business plan explains what we aim to achieve by March 2018.
- Business plan 2015-2018 (PDF)
We’d like to thank all our members who renewed their membership with us, as well as those who have recently joined. Your membership fees help us to provide the services you need.
We’d also like to thank our funders for their financial and professional support in recent years:
- Active Sussex
- Adur and Worthing Councils
- Big Fund UK
- Brighton and Hove City Council
- Brighton and Hove Clinical Commissioning Group
- Building Better Opportunities and the European Social Fund
- Erasmus Programme
- National Lottery Awards for All
- Rotary Club
- Sussex Community Foundation
Stay in touch with us
We produce regular newsletters for our supporters. They’re about local voluntary and community action.
You can sign up to receive it at the bottom of this page by clicking on the link sign up for our supporters newsletter, or by getting in touch with us on email@example.com or 01273 234023
- Supporters newsletter February 2017
- Supporters newsletter November 2016
- Supporters newsletter September 2016
- Supporters newsletter June 2016